PDA

View Full Version : webkinz ?

calv
11-16-2007, 03:34 PM
I get the basic idea of these toys but what is the big fuss? DD will be 4 soon and wondering if I should get 1 or 2 of them for her stocking. Is it just another stuffed animal that is going to collect dust? I know you go on the PC and earn stuff but what else? is it like a virtual pet online? LOL

lovin2shop
11-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Yep, virtual pet! My DS got 2 for his fifth birthday and he absolutely loves them. Me, not so much. It just promotes spending more time on computer games which I'm already trying to limit. He would be happy to spend all day at the computer. But, out of all the stuff that he likes online, I have to admit that the webkinz are pretty neat. It probably just depends on your take on this kind of toy in general.

mom2binsd
11-17-2007, 01:53 AM
I know a lot of kids with these and they are sooo popular, but your DD is probably too young to really get the idea...my niece who is 5 got one and her older brothers have to help her out with the reading etc (when my brother isn't available)...my friend who is a teacher says it is very popular with kids ages 5-8...we have one that my DD received as a gift, but DD is 4 1/2 and we don't really go online much..too many other activities right now to keep her busy.

egoldber
11-17-2007, 08:10 AM
I think 4 is too young. My DD got her first just before her 6th birthday and she loves it. She now has 3 and will be getting another one for the holidays. :)

KrystalS
11-17-2007, 10:47 AM
I think it really depends on your DD. Does she get on the computer a lot already? My DD is almost 4 and she loves them. She can't do everything on the website but there are a lot of games she can play, I have to help her occasionally. Another option is the Rescue epets, I got DDs at Target. They are the same idea as the webkinz but the website isn't as hard to navigate.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7754553

Corie
11-17-2007, 03:19 PM
I agree with Beth. I think 4 is too young as well.

My DD is turning 6 next week and she just got her first one
from my sister. She is getting a few more from various relatives.