PDA

View Full Version : Darda vs. Shake n go race track for 5 yo boy.

smkinc
11-17-2007, 02:40 AM
I'm leaning towards Darda as I have a 20% off coupon on it from my local toy store, but my SIL talked about the shake n go from fischer price. Does anyone have a comparison of the two (what you liked/didn't about each?)

TIA,

Mary

JBaxter
11-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Nathan got his shake n go's at 2 yrs old. He just turned 4 and still plays with them but I cant see him playing with them in another year. IF it were me ( and I do have 2 older boys) I would go with the Darda set. I havent seen them in real life but from the pictures it looks like a better set for a 5 yr old to get longer use out of.

My opinion would be if you went with the shake n go you would be buying the Darda set for a birthday because he got board with the shake n go.

teddy
11-18-2007, 10:19 PM
My DH got his first Darda set when he was in kindergarten. Now our DS, who's turning 3, plays with the same set and others DH got throughout his childhood years. My DD, who is 5, also loves playing Darda.

DS needs some help making the track layouts but that's why it's fun - everyone in the family can help build. I don't know much about the FP set, but I do know that DH's Darda has held up well and is just fine for a 3 year old. So definitely a 5 year old can handle it.

lmintzer
11-19-2007, 06:43 PM
We have both and 2 boys, one older than 5 and one younger. I would say that the Darda gets more play.