PDA

View Full Version : leapster games your 4 year olds love?

nicknack
11-18-2007, 07:26 PM
So I might jump on the Leapster bandwagon and picked up a bunch of games at Target today.

I think I got the following (they're out in my car):

Kindergarten
Letter Factory
Finding Nemo
Backyardigans
Clifford

Thoughts on these? I'm wondering if Letter Factory will be too easy for B. He can read already and it seems like a lot of it is about sounding out letters, etc... (at least that's what it looks like on the box), so would that one be pointless for him?

Any other suggestions?

TIA!
Nicole

ajmom
11-18-2007, 07:57 PM
We have Kindergarten and 1st grade. DS (5) likes them both. There are "choices" of games on both and not all are spelling, sounding out, etc. Some are just for fun. So I think he'll enjoy it.

schums
11-19-2007, 02:34 PM
We have loads of the games (2 DC with their own leapsters). The Kindergarden one is pretty good, as is Backyardigans. Both DC like the Dora one too. The Letter Factory is ok, it works on letter recognition, not my favorite. The kids like to play it, but it's more "video game" than learning for them at this point. There's a number one that is more challenging for them (can't think of the name of it right now). DS loves the Mr. Pencil drawing one.

HTH,

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

MMMommy
11-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Don't forget to check out the bargains board for the hot deal on the Leapster cartridges--especially the Amazon.com deal where you buy two and get $15 off (you can get two $15 cartridges for $15 total on some titles). Look a little further down the thread for the Amazon discussion.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=82&topic_id=54409&mesg_id=54409&page=