PDA

View Full Version : Ok-now you have decided on a dollhouse, what do you put it on?

kcampbell
11-19-2007, 03:25 PM
What does everyone use to put their dollhouse on? Do most people just leave it on the floor or do you raise it up on a table type of thing for easier play? My DDs are 3years 4months and 20 months. Sort of on the tall side for their age. Thanks

giavila
11-19-2007, 03:37 PM
We plan to put it on the floor, but we also have a medium Nilo Table we can put it on if they prefer to play that way. I plan to just wait and see what they prefer. Here is a recent thread about this topic.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=79878&mode=full&page=3

Just curious... which dollhouse did you decide on?

kcampbell
11-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Great, thanks for the thread link. I figured somewhere here it had been discussed. I am thinking of some type of table and will now have a new quest. I finally decided on the OSA one basically made by Battat I believe. I am still wondering if it will be what we were after. I like the shape (more houselike) of the Constructive Playthings one but with the coupon code and the fact that it came with the dolls, garage, and car I went for the OSA. I appreciate everyone's help so so much!

MMMommy
11-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Great minds think alike! Glenda (see poster above) bought that one too, right? Good choice. I think it is a lot of bang for the buck. I should have seriously considered that one, but my order is over and done.

giavila
11-19-2007, 09:13 PM
That's funny cause I keep thinking... should I have bought one that was more "house-like" and not so open all around. I'm sure when we give it to our girls and they are enjoying it we won't have any more doubts. From the ones we were both considering, I don't think we could of gone wrong either way!

crl
11-19-2007, 10:28 PM
My dad built a platform for my dollhouse when I was little. It was on casters and covered in green indoor-outdoor carpet so it looked like a lawn. It probably only raised the dollhouse about 5 inches off the ground.