PDA

View Full Version : Doll house for DS?

hillview
11-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Anyone get their DS a doll house? Does he play with it? DS is 2.25 years old and enjoys his kitchen ... would he like a doll house (plan toys looks nice) or fire house?
TIA!
/hillary

kijip
11-20-2007, 04:22 AM
We are getting one for Toby for Xmas. It is the main thing he has asked for recently. He does not have it yet, but he plays with the one at school and at the coffeeshop all the time. Your child may be a smidge too young for the dollhouse...maybe it would be better to give him one for his birthday instead?

We are getting the Ryan's Room tri level one. The Plan one also looks very nice.

BeachBum
11-20-2007, 09:22 AM
My son is about the same age. I've thought of getting one as well. But I don't think he will actually use it like I'm thinking.Instead I got him some several Plan Toys accessories. I think he will do better playing with just the parts instead of the whole house. If he continues to enjoy it I may add the house in the future.
The Ryans Room firehouse is often at Tuesday morning for $29 or $39.

SnuggleBuggles
11-20-2007, 09:35 AM
My ds has always liked playing with doll houses. He is 5.5 and I know he plays with the one in his kindergarten class (it was the 2nd thing he went for on orientation day). I think they had a Ryan's Room one at preschool and he liked playing with that. At home we just have a Little People one.

I'd give a doll house- a real house- a big thumbs up!!

Beth