PDA

View Full Version : Wooden train set from E-bay

cleo27
11-20-2007, 11:33 PM
Hello -

I am really torn over a recent purchase I made on E-bay. DD has a few Thomas trains that she enjoys driving around, so I thought a set of track would be good for a holiday gift. I found a seller on E-bay that has tons of good feedback, sells a lot and advertises on the listings and their company website that there is no lead paint on the sets.

Well, I did win a really nice boxed set of 100 pieces which seem to be good quality, but it is clearly marked "Made in China" on the box and there is no brand name, absolutely nothing to indicate who makes it. There is one on Ebay now with the following auction #: 290184080229, from the same seller.

Their website says that they invested in professional and independent testing and it is lead-free but that is all I have to go on. Well, also all of the other really great feedback that they have and keep getting.

I really think DD will like this a lot, but I just don't know if I feel comfortable in light of all the recent recalls.

I would really appreciate your opinions.

thanks so much!

rlu
11-23-2007, 01:51 AM
Since you already have it and are worried, I would get a lead-testing kit. I realize they can give false-positives, but at this point if you aren't going to give it your kid anyway, either get rid of it or test it yourself.