PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me about Fisher Price Rescue Heroes

JanaMc
11-21-2007, 12:19 AM
Can someone tell me about Rescue Heroes? Does your DC play with them? What is their favorite character or vehicle? Is the mission control center worth buying? How about the fire truck or dune buggy?

Thanks!

Jana
DS1 Samuel 06/04
DS2 Jack 08/07

jacksmom0902
11-21-2007, 01:07 AM
My older son is a big Rescue Heroes fan and his younger brother likes playing with them as well. They are played with almost every day in our house. DS1's favorites are Billy Blazes, Jack Hammer, Wendy Waters, Aerial (sp?) Flyer, and Rocky Canyon. We don't have the action figures that many of his peers have (Transformers, Power Rangers, Superman and Spiderman) so I like that the Rescue Heroes videos present non-violent characters whose job is to help others and encourage teamwork.

As far as toys, we have a mission control center but it doesn't see much use. We don't have the dune buggy. They do like the fire truck and we also have a plane and a couple of ATVs that see lots of play time. They also like the motorcycle a lot. Most of our items were inherited from an older cousin but I often see them at local consignment stores and Ebay.

Hope this helps,
Karla

Momof3Labs
11-21-2007, 10:36 AM
My boys love Rescue Heroes. Most of ours came from consignment and garage sales, so we don't have a lot of money invested in them. We have one vehicle, and it is awfully noisy (electronic noises). The vehicle doesn't get a ton of play. We also have the command center (one of ds's wish list items last Christmas) and it doesn't see a ton of playtime. The figurines really get the most playtime.

g-mama
11-21-2007, 03:52 PM
My boys love Rescue Heroes. Well, the 7yo loved them from age 4-5, and now my 4yo loves them.

I can wholeheartedly say the mission control center is a waste. I know a few friends who have that and they say nobody ever plays w/ it and it was a nightmare to put together.

As far as vehicles, the dune buggy and the police car have been most popular here. We got the big honkin' hyperjet as a gift and it was never well loved. And it's GINORMOUS.

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

ajmom
11-23-2007, 01:46 AM
We have Sam Sparks and a police man (can't remember the name) along w/ an airplane and a helicopter. The boys love the figures and vehicles. We had the Command Center, but it was a piece of crap and I threw it out.