PDA

View Full Version : Play Kitchen - WalMart vs. Target vs. other (need 1st hand advice)

masha12
11-21-2007, 02:06 PM
I checked out the Play Wonder Kitchen at Target yesterday. It was OK, but kind of small.

I saw the Wal-mart Kidkraft Kitchen online but they did not have it in the Wal-mart I was at.

Does anyone have the Wal-mart or Target one? Do you like it.

Also, does anyone know if Wal-mart carries the kitchen in the stores?

missliss55
11-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Is the one you were talking about?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3335014

My girls got this for Christmas last year and they love it. They play with it every day. One thing I really like about it is the height. My girls are both really tall and they will get plenty of use out of it. Hope that helps.

masha12
11-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Yes, that is the one.

Is it pretty durable and how was the assembly?

Also, did you get in the store or did you have to buy it online.

Thanks.

missliss55
11-21-2007, 08:49 PM
I have found it pretty durable. Everything opens and closes and fits just like it did when we put it together. DD#1 once got the brilliant idea to color on it and with one of those magic erasers it all came off.

As far as the assembly, it was a little involved but not too hard.

I bought it online. They didn't have it at the store.

masha12
11-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks again. I am bummed because they are sold out on Walmart online and I could get free shipping to the store (Target charges $50 for shipping, ugh!).

I will have to shop around online because I don't think anyone near me carries it in the store.

MMMommy
11-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Costco.com has it for $159.99 shipped.

http://tinyurl.com/3crgbw

jessicallyn
11-27-2007, 12:16 AM
I bought the Large Pastel Kidkraft kitchen (the one you saw at Walmart) probably 4 years ago. Putting it together took DH a good while, but it has held up great. And it is big enough for 2 or 3 children to play with together. Even older children, because until this month DS1 (now just 8) played with it. With friends.

And, the only reason he doesn't play with it now is that we moved the Pastel kitchen into an outdoor playhouse and now have a white version indoors in its place. Which is also very popular in our house (DS1 8, DS2 5 1/2, DD 2).

PS
It was probably only this year that DS1 started to notice just how pink the kitchen was. When we bought it it wasn't available in other colors. I just found the white (with some primary accents) discontinued at a LearningExpress store. Again my husband grumbled at the assembly, but we love this kitchen, regardless of color.

masha12
11-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Here is the update. I decided on the Wal-mart one last Friday but then it was sold out, and it was sold out everywhere online and I wasn't about to start schlepping around to stores looking for a kitchen.

I looked on ebay and found the Kidkraft Ultimate Kitchen and ordered that. It is pretty much the same as the Walmart one but it is more open on the side with the sink and has a little side counter that might give more room. Oh, and it came with a "free" set of dishes, all for $160. Here is a link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-KidKraft-Ultimate-Pretend-Wooden-Kitchen-W-Dishes_W0QQitemZ110198253009QQihZ001QQcategoryZ119 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I will try to follow up after we get it together.