PDA

View Full Version : Learning Globe any info?

LisaMom2Allie
11-22-2007, 02:20 AM
Needing any information/opinions on the 'Learning Globes' that are out there. I have specifically looked at the Leap Frog/Pad Learning Globe that retails(not on sale) for around $99 and I saw a couple of others in catalogs-looking for pros and cons. The Leap one is for ages 8 and up but my 4 1/2 year old was playing with it at Kohl's the other day and is very interested in our 'plain' globe. I think that DH and I would enjoy it as well.

Any input appreciated!
Thanks,
Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

mnosky1
11-27-2007, 03:27 PM
I would be interested in the same info if anyone can help. I was considering the same one for my 4.5 year old DD too. The ones for younger kids look kind of baby-ish/cheap and are still $40.
Michelle

LisaMom2Allie
11-27-2007, 06:44 PM
I looked at the 'age appropriate' ones and I think she would think it was too babyish. She really had fun playing with it at Kohls-I actually ordered it Fri/Sat online from Kohls for I think $59 plus s&h.

I think she will really enjoy it-yes, quite a bit is way over her head but I am going for that exposure/absorbtion aspect of it! I think we will really enjoy it as a family.

Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

kalebsmama
11-27-2007, 11:35 PM
We got that Leap Frog one for my DS last Christmas, just before he turned 5. I think it was on sale at Kohl's on Black Friday for 50% off but I didn't want to fight the crowds and waited a few days. I still managed to get it quite a bit cheaper than $99.

DS loves it! He plays with it often and seems to be learning some things. Actually, DH and I love it too! It has a game where you try and find the country/state/city that they name and get scored on how many you find. There have been quite a few adults playing it at our house with no kids anywhere around!

funda62
11-28-2007, 11:35 PM
That one is currently on sale at Kohls for 30 or 40% off.