PDA

View Full Version : Hearthsong horse tire swing - reviews?

lisams
11-23-2007, 12:00 AM
DD is in love with anything horses, so I've been thinking about getting her this horse tire swing http://www.hearthsong.com/hearthsong/product.do?section_id=0&bc=1005&pgc=1817&sv=2437&cmvalue=HS|0 to attach to her climber/swingset. I'm just wondering if anyone has it and can comment on it - does your child like it, is it easy to install?

Thanks!

quinnsmom
02-21-2008, 01:14 AM
I don't know if its easy to install since we don't own one. BUt there is one at the playground in our neighborhood. And DS LOVES it. DD who is too little to get on it (17 months) cries beacuse she wants to swing on it so badly.

It's kind of cool. They have it attached to a tree. It swings sort of like a tire swing - so no set direction like a regular swing - only in the direction you push it. I like it because its not the kind of swing that you can push really high - but DS seems to love it more than going high on the regular swings. I dont know if its the novelty of the horse or the fact that its more fun for him since it swings all around.

I think this would be great attached to a tree or attached to a place that has a large enough radius where it wouldn't hit anything when pushed.

:)

lisams
02-21-2008, 07:26 PM
I don't know if its easy to install since we don't own one. BUt there is one at the playground in our neighborhood. And DS LOVES it. DD who is too little to get on it (17 months) cries beacuse she wants to swing on it so badly.

It's kind of cool. They have it attached to a tree. It swings sort of like a tire swing - so no set direction like a regular swing - only in the direction you push it. I like it because its not the kind of swing that you can push really high - but DS seems to love it more than going high on the regular swings. I dont know if its the novelty of the horse or the fact that its more fun for him since it swings all around.

I think this would be great attached to a tree or attached to a place that has a large enough radius where it wouldn't hit anything when pushed.

:)

Santa brought it for her ;)

She loves it! We hung it on her wooden swingset out back and it does sway to the sides a little, so we put it in the middle of the beam. She named it "Black Beauty" and puts leaves and a bucket of water out for her. On Christmas night, she had to go out and put a blanket over her. She is that obsessed with it!

I'm not sure what she likes better, riding on it or taking care of her "horse out back"!

MamaKath
02-24-2008, 01:56 AM
I am glad you posted an update. My aunt and uncle have one on a tree for their grandkids and great-nephews/nieces. My kids LOVE to go over and play on it. I had thought of getting one for our home but wasn't sure it would work on a playset. You answered my question for me. :-)

lisams
02-24-2008, 02:30 AM
I had thought of getting one for our home but wasn't sure it would work on a playset. You answered my question for me. :-)

DH had to bolt a 2x4 to the beam of her playset (the directions are included w/the swing) and drill a hole through the beam and the 2x4. It wasn't that difficult. Hope that helps a little!