PDA

View Full Version : Advent Calendar Gifts

boygirl3
11-23-2007, 09:55 AM
I purchased a large Advent calendar from COSTCO last year and really like it. I put small cars/trucks, animals and candy inside but was wondering if anyone out there had other suggestions on what to fill the doors with? Things cannot be too big or odd shaped. Thanks in advance.

smilla653
11-23-2007, 02:20 PM
We have a large fabric calendar from Garnet Hill with pockets that is probably like the one you're describing.

I often include ornaments (then DS can hang them on the tree afterwards)
finger puppets
tiny things from museums (polished rocks, tiny frog-shaped musical instrument, etc)
but chocolate coins covered in gold foil are my favorite!

smilla653
11-23-2007, 02:20 PM
We have a large fabric calendar from Garnet Hill with pockets that is probably like the one you're describing.

I often include ornaments (then DS can hang them on the tree afterwards)
finger puppets
tiny things from museums (polished rocks, tiny frog-shaped musical instrument, etc)
but chocolate coins covered in gold foil are my favorite!

smilla653
11-23-2007, 02:21 PM
ETA: sorry.. accidental triple post argh!

kitmama
11-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Actually, there was a great thread on this recently:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=80357&mode=full&page=3

HTH!

MamaKath
11-24-2007, 09:23 PM
You could put small toys (rubber stamps, cars, animals, etc). You could also put in Bible verses on little pieces o paper. On my work computer I have a bible verse Advent calendar. The verses are meant to be put together as a paper chain. If you are interested PM me.