PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for almost 3yo DD and <6mo DD?

SASM
11-25-2007, 01:02 AM
I am having a difficult times coming up with ideas for DD#1...UGH!!! So far I have the talking/moving plush rocking horse from Costco, set of 6 princess shoes from Costco, and the big plush Cinderella storybook pillow from Costco (gotta love Costco). I would like to get something a little more substantial since DS's gifts are both more $ and interactive. Any ideas??? Oh...for the stocking I have books, training chopsticks, pajamas, and a personalized apron.

Now...for DD#2, the only thing that I could come up with is the FP activity table (our Leapfrog one broke a while ago). I would say that is enough but I think that I should probably get her another thing so she'd at least have two things under the tree. I also need to buy a little something for my <6mo nephew.

PLEASE...HELP ME SHOP!!!

TIA!

brittone2
11-25-2007, 11:46 AM
My DD was only a few weeks old last Christmas. What I did was to fill her stocking w/ things I'd want to buy in coming months anyway. Some ideas are bibs, Robeez, socks, a new sippy cup (she got the little sippy version of the Klean Kanteen), 2-3 Haba teethers, CA baby shampoo/body wash, etc. If her stocking is already taken care of, maybe just get her something w/ lasting play value.

some ideas:
playsilks? (could wrap a gift in these too or put in a stocking)

blocks? Haba has some cool ones that have little bells inside, mirrors on them, etc. DD has a small set of these and they are kind of cool.

Nesting bowls, stacking arches, a ring stacker, etc.
Bead maze?

Large chunky puzzles (to grow into). Like the ones with only 3 simple shapes and have knobs to pick up the pieces.

Musical instruments?

CDs?

For the three year old, does she have other dress up stuff? You mentioned the shoes so I was wondering if she already had other dress up items? I've been collecting some items for a dress up box for DD for next year. Purses, some halloween costumes when they were marked down, etc. Michaels carries little feather boas now for $5ish, and you can use a 40% off coupon to make it super cheap. They have tiaras, fairy wings, etc. Sara's Silks also makes some nicer quality dress up items, wings, etc.

Unit blocks?

Baby doll and/or items to go with it like a doll high chair (someone posted one that was on Costco's website that was cute and inexpensive), cradle, etc?

You can make a really easy no-sew tutu...if she needs any more dress up stuff, that is really inexpensive but fun. If she's into princessy stuff and dress up, there are also cool pettiskirts (some are quite expensive) that would be amazing for dress up.

An art box w/ art supplies? Stockmar crayons, wikki stix, glue sticks, feathers, pom poms, washable markers, do-a-dot markers, stickers, etc.

hair bows and a custom hair bow holder?

playfood? I just picked up some adorable chenille icecream cones from thechenillechef on etsy. So adorable and life-sized. A set of 3 runs about $10ish. She also does cakes/cupcakes, etc. that are so cute!

Dollhouse and dolls? If you don't have a dollhouse already, someone posted a cute blog called angrychicken recently. SHe bought a wooden CD holder, and some stuff to decorate it with to make a "design your own dollhouse" kit. So. flipping. cute!!! Even if your DD has a dollhouse, if she's into crafty stuff, it looks like a lot of fun (could be an add on to an existing house ;) )

http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/2006/11/makin_stuff.html