PDA

View Full Version : Push-toy/walker-wagon with resistance?

JoyNChrist
11-25-2007, 04:33 AM
Is the Radio Flyer Walker Wagon the only push-type toy for new walkers that offers some resistance?

I'm concerned because we have wood floors, and I don't want my new cruiser to fall flat on his face. The RF wagon looks nice, but there have been some not-so-great reviews concerning its durability, and the $70 price tag is kind of steep.

denna
11-25-2007, 04:35 AM
We have the Radio Flyer push wagon and it has held up very well for over a year. I have no complaints and we had only marble floors when we purchased it. As far as any other toy I cant really speak for them.

JoyNChrist
11-25-2007, 05:01 AM
Thanks Denna, good to know. So you feel like it was worth the price tag? (It's just hard to fork over $70 when the plastic ones are so much cheaper, but I don't mind paying it if I'll get my money's worth, YKWIM?)

brittone2
11-25-2007, 11:29 AM
THe heavier ones are definitely nice, IMO.

Something to consider w/ the RF or the Haba walker wagon is that they can be used for other play. My DS (almost 4) is enjoying playing w/ his sister's Haba walker wagon. He pushes his stuffed animals in it like a stroller, he has given her little rides in it (with supervision :) ), etc. The RF walker wagon can be used as a shopping cart, etc.

We opted for the Haba because I wanted that vs. MIC at the time, although I think both are really nice. The Haba doesn't have the little clackers that slow it down like the RF, so I was kind of nervous, but it goes pretty slowly even on hardwood. DD got it at 8 months and could walk with it right away. With either, they'll still most likely take a few tumbles, but IMO, the Haba walker wagon and the RF walker wagon are the most stable options.

If you go w/ plastic, look for one where the handle is close to the center of gravity of the cart, vs. sticking way out behind it, which will make it more tippy. (if you look at the Haba one for example, the base of the handle starts over the center, and the handle stays fairly close to the center of the push cart the way it is designed).

Jenn98
11-25-2007, 10:25 PM
We have the Radio Flyer walker wagon and mostly hardwood and ceramic tile. It has never been a problem and we've had it in use almost 2 years. And it has really grown with my girls. We got it for DD#1's first Christmas when she was 5 months old and we used it to keep toys in in the living room till she began cruising with it. She still plays with it. DD#1 never fell with it and always seemed to keep up no matter how fast she pushed it. And even my mom loves it - she puts the girls in it and zooms it around the house. They love it. If I had to do it over again, the only thing that would give me pause would be the MIC factor.

ellies mom
11-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Ours is sturdy as anything and really does a good job on wood floors. We've had it for three years with no complaints.

JoyNChrist
11-26-2007, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the input, ladies.

I went ahead and ordered the Radio Flyer Walk Wagon for DS's "big" Christmas present. I'd love the Haba one (it would actually match his room better), but DH balked at the $70 price tag on the RF...he'd really have a cow if I got the Haba! :P

I like the way the RF looks, too, which is a bonus since I'm sure it won't stay in Avery's bedroom...it's not so garish as the plastic models, which is nice.