PDA

View Full Version : how do your kids play w/ holztiger pieces?

dbianca23
11-25-2007, 02:20 PM
i got some animals and dinosaurs for my kids, just how kids usually play with these. should i get some accessories and trees and stuff? any good online retailers that carry accessories, i didn't really see anything. thanks!

Meatball Mommie
11-27-2007, 10:35 PM
We have lots of Holztiger-type animals. We actually have mostly Schleich (Target) and whatever brand is sold at Michael's Crafts, but same idea... We don't have dinosaurs that size, but all sorts of other animals.

Mostly my boys just play with the animals by themselves, like on a table or the floor. We have a lot of role playing going on at our house (Mommy elephant and babies, or Mommy and Daddy giraffe with big boy giraffe...that kind of thing). Sometimes, the boys will play with the animals along with other toys, like trucks or their wooden trains. I wouldn't bother with any accessories...I don't know that there are any specific things that "go" with the animals. I think they are meant as an open-ended toy, so how your kids play with them is up to their own imagination.

I hope that helps and that your kids enjoy them as much as mine do!