PDA

View Full Version : Do you love your broom?

JoyNChrist
11-26-2007, 03:51 AM
My broom died. Literally. Its head fell off.

I'm not too sad, since I never really liked my broom anyway.

So I guess I'll be buying a new one tomorrow. Anybody have one they love? Do you prefer straw or synthetic bristles?

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
11-26-2007, 07:21 AM
I can say that I hate my broom from Target. It is a store brand one- I was feeling cheap that day. The bristle height is too short and the synthetic bristles have gotten angled in one direction after just a few months. So, stay away from the gray broom at Target. :)

I know "they" say that you shouldn't sweep with a broom because most brooms just scatter and spread more dirt around. Better to vacuum. I use my cordless Shark for a lot but it's easier to just sweep sometimes. Guess I like to be a rebel. ;)

Beth

nupe
11-26-2007, 09:58 AM
I do love my broom. It has a green handle. It is national brand. I bought it at Target, and a larger version at Costco that I like even more. The target one came w/dustpan. Costco one didn't. Have had both for years and they have held up incredibly well to indoor use.

citymama
11-26-2007, 02:54 PM
I really like Libman brooms - synthetic bristles, not straw. They're available in Safeway and Target - not all stores, but fairly widely sold They're the best!

nupe
11-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Found the links--
precision angle broom
http://www.mamalibman.com/index.aspx?src=PDI&ct=9&pid=6
and the large one
http://www.mamalibman.com/index.aspx?src=PDI&ct=9&pid=8

mommabear
11-26-2007, 07:06 PM
My friend is a hairdresser and she swears the best brooms are the ones from the asian market. They look very primitive but she says they pick up the most dirt and hair.

kcimato
11-27-2007, 12:57 AM
I was just coming to post the same thing. The Asian brooms are the best. Our Head Start teacher is from the Phillopines and bought one for her classroom. It did such a good job I went out and bought one for my kitchen. They are only $2.50 each so when they wear out you don't have to feel so bad.It's great for dog hair too.