PDA

View Full Version : Old Target Play Kitchen anyone have it........and if so do you have any other kitchen "pieces"

kcampbell
11-27-2007, 04:23 PM
We have had it for over a year now and while it has been fine, we have two DDs who constantly play with it. We have a lot of wooden Melissa and Doug play food and we need some other type of kitchen piece that would help hold the foods, cooking pots, pans, dishes etc. Currently we have a little wooden Ikea table next to it but all of the food gets piled up on the table making the table impossible to actually use. We need some type of market like set up or I was thinking another kitchen appliance. The Target one is supposed to be the oven, stove, sink all in one but just doesn't leave us much room for storage of stuff. Any suggestions out there???

Pegessen
11-27-2007, 04:45 PM
We have the old Target kitchen and a Pottery Barn dishwasher so we keep all of the dishes and pans in the dishwasher. That leaves us enough room for all of the wooden food to go in the kitchen space but when Santa brings the new food/kitchen items for Christmas then we will need something else to store items in. I am looking for a cabinet type thing to use as a "pantry" for all of the food.

Good luck!

daisymommy
11-27-2007, 05:29 PM
We have the Target Marketplace (I think that's what it was called). It was sold right along side of the Kitchen. It has little red bins for food like you would see at a Market, as well as a few shelves where we store the dishes. I like how it has a top table like surface for the cash register too :)

kcampbell
11-27-2007, 05:58 PM
I remember that and that is the kind of thing we are looking for. Do you like it? Any suggestions, I think it is discontinued now.

MMMommy
11-27-2007, 06:48 PM
I thought it was discontinued too b/c it was clearanced out over the summer in-store at Target. But it is available online again with free shipping right now--

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_8/602-4968352-2111861?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000R092UC