PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Medallion Car Seat

jdc
07-08-2000, 04:28 PM
I purchased an Evenflo Medallion carseat. It was recommended as one of the safest seats. That was one reason for the purchase. I thankfully have not been in an accident to put it to that test, but as far as convenience - IT STINKS!!

The seat when in a back facing position, is hard to flip the lever that releases the shoulder straps to remove the child. It is not much better in forward be/c you have to get your finger under this little lever. When in either position it is difficult to tighten the belt to the correct postion. The idea is that you pull on the belt at the bottom of the seat in between the childs legs. The shoulder straps/belt has a metal clip at the back of the seat that catches and makes it hard to tighten the belt. When in forward facing position you can't get your had behind the seat to move this metal clip that gets caught. When in rear facing position, the seat sits at such and angle (in our Toyota 4-Runner)that the baby's head falls forward. The instructions suggest a towel under the front of the car seat. MAYBE a 5" thick phone book, but not a towel. It gets smashed flat and is not NEAR enough to raise the seat to keep baby's heading from falling forward.

If I hadn't spent so much on the seat, I would have a new one. I just hope the inconvenience of its use means that the company spent all of its time on the safety features.