PDA

View Full Version : Century Accel Infant/Toddler Seat

Janneke
07-09-2000, 11:04 AM
We just bought 2 Accel carseats @ ToysRus. Has anyone heard anything about this new model? Is it replacing the 1000 ste?
I hope it is as safe as the other. We received $8 off each. Seems like a good bargain.

alandenisefields
07-11-2000, 10:24 AM
Yes, I think the Accel will eventually replace the STE series, but not for a while (according to our discussions with Century). We like the Accel and think it is a good value.

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

Ash
03-08-2001, 05:28 PM
I just looked at two Accels at Toys R Us. One had an Overhead 5-point the other was a 5-point. I know nothing about overhead and wonder if it is considered safe, comfortable, etc. Do you know if the overhead is a good idea? My son is 6mos., weighs 19lbs and is over 26 inches. I like both seats and would prefer the safer of the two.

shandrin
03-11-2001, 08:38 PM
the 5pt is the SAFEST choice, overhead shields present many hazards, including allowing the child to come in contact with the shield in a crash, you also get a snugger fit with a 5pt.
here is an excellent link
http://matlock.metatechnics.com/CPSafety/Fivepoint_vs_overhead.htm
as to the accel in general, it's a good value seat IF bought in the 5pt model, also remember that at 1 year AND 20lbs is the guideline before turning your baby forward facing until then rearfacing will offer your child the BEST protection.

Ash
03-12-2001, 10:47 AM
Thank you, but I do KNOW that. That's why I chose a carseat that is rear facing up to 30lbs. Maybe you shouldn't assume that just because someone writes in with a question they're a young stupid mother.

shandrin
03-12-2001, 05:02 PM
i'm sorry you feel that way, that WAS NOT what i was saying just a gentle reminder that rearfacing till 1 yr AND 20lbs is best, by no means to imply that you were 'a young, stupid, mother' {those are YOUR words, NOT mine}even IF you didn't know this info it would still not make you any of those things, other people do read posts even if they were not anwers to their questions, so adding this info is important, not everyone IS aware.

joodyjr
03-12-2001, 05:58 PM
I personally appreciate the reminder.. children's safety is the whole point to this website. I myself know of several new moms that aren't aware that they should keep baby rearfacing to 20lbs and 1 yr. I have sent them to this website for many of their baby product questions and am glad to see that Shandrin included the rearfacing comment.

alandenisefields
03-12-2001, 06:23 PM
Just a reminder folks: we are the moderators of this forum, which is for helping our readers with questions about car seats (and other baby products). We expect ALL discussions to remain civil. There will be no flaming or name calling---we see enough of that on other parenting web sites or the usenet. We will remove any user who violates that policy.

Hope you understand,
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS