PDA

View Full Version : Britax roundabout and Ford Explorer

jojomo18
07-19-2000, 02:26 PM
I have to transfer my 6 month old to her Roundabout from her infant seat/carrier because of her height. I want to use the tether strap but I'm haveing a hard time finding a good place to attach for rear-facing.
I had an attachment put in by the dealership but it was installed in the back of the seat. Does anyone ou there have any experience with this and knows of another place to attach in front of seat?

LMom
07-20-2000, 09:33 PM
You should attach the tether strap to a strong rod under the seat directly in front of where the carseat is located. If carseat is in center and there is no seat directly in front, it is okay to have it tethered off to the side a bit. If you look under your front seats, you should see the rod sort of thing I'm talking about. If the tether for some reason cannot hook directly onto that rod, Britax sells a d-ring strap (I think that is what it is called) which you loop around the rod and then hook the tether onto it. I think this strap may now be included with the Roundabouts. My 18 month old is still rear-facing (because it is safest to keep them rear-facing until 30 pounds) with the rear-facing tether, and his seat is so secure it doesn't move at all.

balessingo
10-05-2000, 01:10 PM
Hi, I have my daughter's RA installed in my 98 Explorer and I attached the tether to the metal loop that anchors the drivers seat belt to the floor. I had a mechanic double check to make sure that the loop was bolted to the frame of the car, and he said it was. It works great. feel free to email me if you have any other questions about this
[email protected]