PDA

View Full Version : Fisher-Price new carrier

cwoosley
09-18-2000, 04:16 PM
My husband and I just found Fisher-Prices new carrier. It has a mirror built into the base so you can see the baby's face even when he's rear facing. Another really neat advantage is it has a fabric/plastic handle. It's thick plastic at the ends and then gets thinner in the middle. The whole thing is covered in material with thicker quilted material where you would hold onto it. The other really nice thing is that it expands so you can put it over your shoulder and neck. Anyone used this product? How has it worked for you? It makes me nervous getting a new product like this where it it likely for a recall or complaints.

dhuderly
01-15-2001, 11:08 PM
Hello, we just purchased the FP stay-in-view carseat today,also, as it was a lighter carrier than the Century Smartfit I had planned on buying AND it was on sale at babiesrus for $39, down from 69. I am going to have the installation checked this week and will get back to you if the car seat tech has anything negative to say. Also, if the Fields or anyone else reading this knows, is this seat OK to use with the Combi perfect match stroller (it fits, we checked at the store, but it isn't listed in the Combi brochure, which may be just because this is the first year for this FP car seat)? Also, any problem with the mirror during crash tests? (doesn't look like real glass)
Thanks.

dhuderly
01-15-2001, 11:50 PM
Hi, me again. Just got the info from parentsplace.com and it was good news for both of us. Lots of good info re: carseats from car seat techs at that site. Check the message board. Go to http://boards2.parentsplace.com/messages/get/ppcarseats186.html then choose "Repost Q and A from yesterday's board...." and the "Everything you wanted to know about infant car seats..." by the tech Katherine (cillakat), who talked about her favorites (stay in view was one) and dislikes, and also about which stoller they were compatible with. (If you can't find the message, it should be archived under 1/13/01) Between babybargainsbook and parentsplace, I feel like I'm studying for med school again (onslaught of information, and I'll probably be broke again!)Hope this helped.

Allison
02-13-2001, 09:35 AM
We just purchased the Fisher Price stay-in-view carseat as well. Does anyone know where you can get a second base to keep in dad's car? I didn't see any at Babies-R-Us, nor on the Fisher Price website.

Also, the new model that just appeared at B-R-Us in the past month has a 5-point harness instead of 3-point. And the material is much cuter than the two materials I saw from the previous model. It's navy check, so it goes great with my navy dot Combi 6600.

tanyagail
02-17-2001, 10:15 PM
We bought the "Stay in View" car seat by Fisher Price and just love it. The strap to put over your shoulder is wonderful--so much easier to carry than the regular carriers. I tote my baby everywhere in this and love the fact that it is so comfortable and that I have both hands free. I highly recommend it. Mirror base is a really nice feature too.

I was nervous using such a new product too but have had no complaints so far.