PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Century Avanta SE car seat?

km
12-02-2000, 07:04 PM
I really like the look and feel of this carseat, but I cant find a lot of information or reviews on it. Anyone own one? Do you like it?

I havent seen extra bases for sale in any of the stores (to use in our second vehicle), does anyone know where to find this? (they have them for the Snug Fit series, but the Avanta has a different base)

jmac588
12-13-2000, 04:02 PM
I e-mailed Century today about the extra car seat base. I haven't used the car seat yet, but I'll need an extra base when I have the baby. They replied immediately and said the extra base is available on its own, but on back order for another 3 weeks. If stores near you aren't carrying it, you can order it on-line at the Century website.

nicole
12-13-2000, 08:39 PM
One of my girlfriends has this infant seat and since I'm planning to buy it too I was asking her about it last night. She told me that she is really happy with it! She has the Combi Ultra Savvy stroller and has found them easy to use together.

tecs
01-01-2001, 01:37 PM
Is it true that they aren't making the century elite infant seat anymore? I want to buy this one with the Ultra Savvy 2001, but babies are us says it has been discontinued.

cvannuch
02-05-2001, 07:28 PM
FYI - I just learned the hard way that the Century Avanta car seat is not compatible with the Snap'n Go stroller frame. We bought the Avanta (we haven't used it yet as the baby isn't here yet but we do like all the safety features on the seat) and when we got the Snap'n Go, the car seat just didn't seem to fit correctly in the stroller. When I called BabyTrend which makes the Snap'n Go, they said that the Avanta car seat won't fit correctly in the stroller. I have confirmed with Combi that their "Perfect Match" stollers are compatible with the Avanta car seat. I just wanted to give a heads up in case you were also considering purchasing the Snap'n Go.

Dawgie
02-17-2001, 02:16 AM
I love the Avanta. It is larger than the other Century/Graco models my friends have. The seat is very comfortable for our newborn and he loves it. The only problem I have so far is it does NOT fit onto regular shopping carts, the only one it fits correctly is the large colored plastic one. As for the extra base, I also have not seen them in the stores yet. I did get a replacement part order form, so that you can order a spare base from Century/Graco directly.

robocop
02-17-2001, 06:17 PM
It's a great seat! It's a bit on the large side and sits a bit high, but the padding and the canopy are top notch.

We installed ours in a 1998 Volvo S70 and it fits pretty well.

The car has leather seats, so we hand to put a seat saver to protect the seats. We used the Seatsaver by Prince Lionheart which sells at Babies "R" us for $12.99.

The installation was pretty straighforward and was done by a certified Child Safety Seat Technician which was a must.

Approximately 80% - 98% of the car seats are installed incorrectly, so be sure to have yours inspected.

Rob