PDA

View Full Version : car seats

Sha
01-06-2001, 04:11 PM
I have a one year old and am getting ready to make a new car seat purchase. I've been using the Century SmartFit and have been happy with it. I'm trying to decide between the Alpha Omega, the RoundAbout or FisherPrice Futura 20/60, or a Century... I have a 94 Chevy Astro with captains chairs and a 88 Ford LTD Wagon... any suggestions?

kiragl
01-08-2001, 12:01 PM
We needed a second seat for my husband's car, so we researched and looked at a bunch of different convertible seats. Aside from price (my husband couldn't get past the sticker shock of the Britax despite a reliable friend's strong recommendation), we went with fit among the next-best rated. We ended up with a Century Bravo LX after almost purchasing the Century SmartMove -- the SM was too contoured for our LARGE baby so there would've been little room for growth--if you're not buying online, be sure to take your baby along to test-drive seats before you walk out the store's door. Our baby seems very comfortable in it and the recline options are nice. One complaint about Century: the instruction booklet is horrible! Since Baby spends more time in mom's car than dad's, we're still considering a Britax when he (soon!) outgrows his infant seat. Good luck!