PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Omega

HRSolutions
01-11-2001, 10:17 PM
We need to purchase two new car seats for out second car (Jeep). We have two Roundabouts that are in our primary vehicle. We love them but they are glued in for life!

Ideally I would like a car seat that I can easily take out for travel and not have to call my local police station to reinstall.

The Alpha Omega is appealing since it also converts to a Booster. I understand Britax will be coming out with a convertible model this spring. I called them to find out exactly when and I was told between now and June. Not exactly the answer I was hoping for since my 10 month old is outgrowing her infant car seat as we speak.

Has anyone purchased the new Alpha Omega that converts to a Booster seat? Is it easy to take in and out? Where can I find some safety info on this or is it too new? Any other recommendations for seats that will be installed in a second car? (The kids are hardly ever in that vehicle.)

I was in Costco today and saw the Alpha Omega car seat there for around $89. The best price that I have seen so far.

I need to make a decision real soon here so any help you can give me would be great.

joodyjr
01-16-2001, 09:10 PM
I just installed the Alpha Omega in my husbands truck. The first thing I can say is it didn't take as long to install as my Roundabout did. I think for that price, you can't beat it. I thought I got a deal on ebay paying a total of $116.00 for brand new! Since you won't be using this vehicle that much, and it does convert to a booster, I definitely recommend it. It installs easily.
Now, to give you one more idea, I have heard good reviews about the Fisher Price Safe Embrace. Similar price range as Alpha Omega.
My recommendation is to go for the Alpha Omega!

HRSolutions
01-16-2001, 09:53 PM
Thanks for confirming what I just went out and did this past weekend. We bought two of the Alpha Omegas and my husband spent Sunday playing musical car seats. They look like they will do the trick and I don't have to think about what to get until another few years when they outgrow the 2 Britax seats.