PDA

View Full Version : transferring britax RA from car to car??

csjack
01-15-2001, 09:39 AM
I saw below where someone had a lot of difficulty moving her RA from vehicle to vehicle and was going to buy a second car seat for her husband's vehicle. Has this been everyone's experience or have you been able to move the RA back and forth without difficulty?

alexmom
01-17-2001, 02:17 PM
Hi! I have the Roundabout and LOVE it! I actually transfer my seat to my friend's car quite a bit (and she transfers her RA to mine) and it takes a little bit of time, but it's really not that hard. To me, it's not worth buying another seat. The first few times it was difficult, but you get the hang of it pretty quickly. I also travel a lot and take the RA with me on the plane and it's not a big deal. But I don't transfer the seat to my husband's car and back a lot, so I don't know - your situation might be different. I hope I helped a little bit!

Lauren, mother of Alex 5/11/00

NolansMom
01-17-2001, 11:14 PM
We bought the Mighty Tight at Babies R Us. It is about $17 & basically is a rachet type thing that you attach to the seat belt & pull a lever to tighten the seat. It makes it easy for me to install the seat & get it in really tight. I move my seat a lot when traveling & with the Mighty Tight, it takes me less than 5 minutes to make the switch.

Hope this helps!

sarsah
02-04-2001, 01:30 PM
I've transferred a Britax RA from car to car. My husband travels a lot of work and DS & I go with him frequently. We have to transfer the car seat into the rental car and out of it if I go somewhere with a friend while DH is at work.

I think it's more a question of convience rather than difficulty. IMHO, it's not difficult to install the RA and get it tight, but it takes time and it's hassle.

Right now we have only one car seat for DS, the RA which is installed in my car. Once DS reaches 1 year old, I'm going to buy the Britax Freeway for DH's car so we don't have to move the car seat if we want to take the other car.

Sarah

MKBernard
02-04-2001, 05:26 PM
My husband takes our little one to daycare and I pick up so we need two car seats. We have one RA britax and one Evenflo. We "fight" over who gets to take the car with the RA britax. It is so much easier to use and seems more comfortable for the little one. We are looking for a used RA britax instead of using the Evenflo. We have transferred the RA from car to car when traveling and into friends' cars and find it easy (except the tether strap depending on the car).