PDA

View Full Version : Britax for RA with newborns

lwilliams
01-21-2001, 12:05 PM
We bought a Britax Roundabout for our soon-to-arrive daughter, since it seemed to be the safest seat available, and we know already that she is going to be tall and would thus outgrow an infant seat soon.

Anyone have experiences to share about using the Roundabout, (or other convertibles) with newborns? We've heard it may be a good idea to use a pad or neck support to make her fit better; any recommendations?

aksealy
01-22-2001, 11:31 AM
I bought a Britax for my 4 month old, who is also a big baby (he outgrew the infant seat that came with his travel system). When we installed it rear-facing, we noticed that the seat seemed to be too upright for an infant. Whenever he fell asleep, his head would roll down to his chest, even when I reclined the Britax back. It may have been the angle of my back seat, but we never had this problem with the infant car seat because it was tilted back more.

So I took it to a car seat safety check to double check the installation and they advised me to roll a small towel and prop it under the front part of the seat. Now he looks much more comfortable and his head stays put even when he's asleep.

hope this helps. We love the britax - no metal locking clips!