PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Toddler/ booster seat with 5 pt harness that adapts to shoulder belt

Amanda
01-30-2001, 05:13 PM
Our 30# daughter is outgrowing her Fischer Price Safe Embrace used in my husband's Explorer. I would not recommend this seat due to the difficulty getting it to fit snuggly, and at almost 2 yrs old she can work the flimsy chest restraint. I love the RA in my car. We want to get a car seat for the Explorer that
1. Has a 5 pt harness and later can adapt to a shoulder belt. The chest clip must be a snap-in lock loke the RA
2. Can be adjusted by tugging the belt - not behind the seat like some Century models we saw.
3. Comes with the new universal adapter as we will be buying a new Windstar this year - supposedly they have the universal adapter too (ISOFIX??)
4. Is as easy to use as the Round About - I was not impressed by the next seat in the Britax line- Shoulder belt only and very little support for a sleeping child. Our families live 10 hours away and comfort is a must.

Any suggestions that come close to meeting this criteria are very welcome. I was very disillusioned while looking at car seats at both the Right Start and Babies R US. Also could find vey little CR info on all these new car seats

alandenisefields
02-01-2001, 12:41 PM
Hi!

Thanks for posting a question to our message boards.

First, let us say right up front: there are no boosters (transitional boosters that convert from regular car seat to booster) that have the ISO-FIX system. Only convertible car seats (and then only a few of those) have the ISO-FIX. In the future we may see more options, but at this point there is nothing.

That said, there are quite a few transitional boosters out there that meet your other criteria. Our favorite is the top of the line Century Breverra. We've been using this seat and found it easy to install and adjust. It comes with a five point harness and tether plus a cup holder and arm rests. Check it out and see what you think.

Best wishes,

alan and denise fields
authors, BABY BARGAINS

LuvBeeNMom
02-02-2001, 06:37 PM
I haven't looked for another car seat just yet, but am glad that I'm not the only one not happy with the Fisher Price Safe Embrace car seat! It's annoying as heck...even though it was rated high for safety by Consumer Reports. Good luck and if you find a good one, can you post what you find? :)