PDA

View Full Version : Seatsaver -- does it work?

kpscarr
02-03-2001, 12:32 AM
Has anyone used the Prince Lionheart Seatsaver (or another similar product) with a carseat? Does it help protect the upholstery, or do you think it's a waste of money?

sarsah
02-04-2001, 10:37 AM
I had been using the Sassy brand seat saver and had a very hard time getting the infant car seat secured tightly into the vehicle while using it. I stopped using it when I installed the toddler seat (Britax Roundabout). The Prince Lionhart one is a plastic material (like a floor mat), so maybe it would work better than the Sassy one, which is fabric.

I don't think these are very useful until the child is old enough to walk (and has dirty shoes). Then maybe you'd need to protect the upholstery of the car.

Just my $.02
Sarah

robocop
02-17-2001, 06:26 PM
Yes it works for us!

We have leather seats in our car (Volvo s70) and it provides prtoection and more importantly traction for the infant seat which is vital for the proper installation of a car seat.

Rob

PS: Your other alternative would be one of those Rubbermaid rubber mats you see in the kitchen.

bloomies
03-13-2001, 01:46 AM
Hi! We use the Seatsaver in both of our cars, a 96 Saturn SC2 and a 92 4-runner. We are using the Century Smartfit Plus in each car (1 seat + 2 bases) for our infant who is due in a few weeks. (BTW, we used the Century for our 20 month old son when he was an infant) Now we use a Century Bravo in the truck and another Century seat in the Saturn. Both cars have leather seats and the Seatsaver helps protect against the leather getting creased and it helps to stabilize the seat on the leather. We now have 4 seatsavers and I'll be getting a couple more for a friend of mine who just had her second child. I've been pleased and I think you will be too. FYI, check prices at Babies R'Us if you are near one. They're only 12.99 there vs 19.99 at the Right Start.