PDA

View Full Version : Booster Seat

kpaull
02-09-2001, 09:05 PM
My son is almost 30 lbs, and I know that we will be out of the Britax Roundabout in no time. I have liked the seat. It is fairly easy to install and move around. I like the 5 point harness and I like the recline feature for long car trips, but would settle for something that is comfortable to sleep in. What are your recommendations for the next step in car safety and comfort?

alandenisefields
02-13-2001, 06:20 PM
Hi. Sorry for the delay in the response---we've been out of the office for a couple of days.

We will have a special report on booster seats posted on our web page in April; in short, we think the Century Breverra is a good choice.

Hope that helps,

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

Tabbi29
02-14-2001, 12:55 AM
I am also on the lookout for another carseat for my son who is 30 lbs. also.- I spoke with Britax and this spring they are coming out with The Super Elite- it is for children 22-80 lbs. I am certainly going to pick this up because I have been so happy with my roundabout from Britax. They have detailed info. on this new seat on their website, (www.childseat.com). Hope this helps!

kpaull
02-14-2001, 01:11 AM
Thank you so much for responding. Luckily, we have a little while yet before we need the new seat. Did you see that they recommend the Century Breverra? Do you know anyone else who has used that seat? I have been pleased with the other recommendations they have made, so we'll see. I'll keep researching. Thanks again!

kpaull
02-14-2001, 01:13 AM
What about Britax Roadster or the upcoming Super Elite? Have you had any feedback on those? I have been really happy with my Roundabout, and am looking for comfort, ease, but mostly proven safety. Please let me know why you chose not to recommend the Britax seats in this next stage.
Thank you.

alandenisefields
02-14-2001, 11:22 AM
The Britax boosters are good as well---just twice the price of the Century last we looked.

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

shandrin
02-16-2001, 06:42 PM
may i ask why you feel you'll need a booster soon?
the roundabout goes to 40lbs and unless your child is rather tall, most kids can use this seat until 4.
although you can get toddler combo seats that have a 5pt harness then you remove the harness for seatbelt use they are no way as comfy as a convertible let alone a roundabout. my 4.5 yo is in a breverra ascend only because she is less than 40lbs{which is the recommended weight for using a belt positioning booster} and is too tall for her roundabout, it offers less head support and is not as 'user friendly' as my roundabout was. i would wait until the roundabout is outgrown or at least wait for the super elite that should be out later this year before jumping into a combo seat. just my feelings.

kpaull
02-16-2001, 07:11 PM
I, for some reason, had in my mind that the roundabout only lasted through 30 lbs. Now that you mention it, I remember that it is 40 lbs. I don't think he is particularly tall; so, I think I need to recheck the height and weight restrictions. Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to know I have some more time for them to develop even better products!

Nooknookmom
05-20-2001, 11:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON May-20-01 AT 10:44PM (Mountain)[p]The Britax roadster (good to 100 lbs.)is great, I also have the Britax cruiser (good to 60 lbs)she uses both and I have not had any trouble with either, my munchkin is 5 and 45 lbs. I initally had purchased a Century when she was 2, after 1 mo. on the job the cheap plastic buckle guide broke! I returned it and will never purchase another cheap US carseat again if I can help it!!