PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone know online store where they sell CENTURY accel DX?

kyungha
02-11-2001, 10:48 PM
I read good things about Century Accel DX in Epinions.com and decided to buy it but could not find only store where they sell it.
I know BabiesRus(online and offline) have SE version and Burington coat factory(online. offline, I don't know) have DX version. But website of Burington coat factory could not process my order at checkout and my husband and I don't have much time to visit Burington coat factory since we don't have the store in our town.
Is there anyone know online store where they sell CENTURY accel DX? Thank you.

Geebee
03-23-2001, 11:17 PM
Just out of curiousity (I have an Accel), what is the difference between the DX and SE? I assume that I have the SE since I bought it at Babies R Us. It isn't that clear to me at the website (www.centuryproducts.com) what the difference is.

There is a store locator feature at www.centuryproducts.com, too. Maybe you could try that, and just call the stores that are listed in your area. Or maybe a store that is not in your area can ship it to you. (Century Products might have an online retailer locator at www.centuryproducts.com, but I haven't been able to find it.)

Another idea is to try a shopping search site, such as www.dealtime.com or shopping.yahoo.com. They search the web for you. If you haven't used these before, it seems best to use more than one since they can find different information.

HEY! I just performed a search on Accel in the Baby Care section at shopping.yahoo.com, and I found the Accel SE at www.netkidswear.com.

Also, I don't know if this will help or if you have access to a Target store, but I saw a Century Accel at Target the other day. I don't remember if it was the DX or SE or 5 point or overhead, but you might want to take a look if it is convenient for you (or maybe check the Target website).

Hope something works out for you!

goggs
04-02-2001, 04:14 PM
Hi there --

Did you end up finding the Accel DX anywhere? I looked at the Burlington Coat Factory site and it looks like they sell the DX only with the shield. (and Target sells the SE with a sheild on their web site, though I haven't been to their store.) I'm looking for the Accel DX with the 5-point harness.

From what I can tell, the Accel DX has twist free straps and a different "Belt Runner" seat belt placement. But I can't seem to find anyone who carries it either! I may end up going with the Accel SE if I can't find the DX anywhere. And I saw it on the Babies R Us web site, so that's probably where I'll go...

If you have any more info, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!

aunt83me02
04-02-2001, 10:22 PM
I looked online and the only place I could find the Accel DX 5-point was at Baby Depot/Burlington Coat Factory. It doesn't say whether the seat is the DX or the SE but I got on Century's website and matched it with the DX. I tried every online baby gear retailer I could think of. I just emailed Century, we'll see if they reply!

Good luck in your hunt!

goggs
04-03-2001, 08:52 AM
Thank you so much! You are right -- the product numbers match exactly, even though the Burlington site does not mention the "DX" or the "Twistguard" or "Belt Way" special features. I do appreciate the note!

BTW -- I just learned that Consumer Reports will be rating car seats with their 4/5 issue. It may be worth reviewing before that final purchase!

aunt83me02
04-03-2001, 10:59 PM
I guess I forgot to check babystyle.com they also have the 5-point DX model.