PDA

View Full Version : Britax Roundabout Car Seats - Where to shop for best bargain?

jschun
02-13-2001, 02:30 PM
Where can I go to get the best deal? All the stores in the internet specializing in baby product has Britax RA priced around $199 plus shipping and same price at a local babierus.
Any vendors in cyberspace offering discounts?
Thanks

joesmommy926
02-13-2001, 02:45 PM
I think Babycatalog.com has it for 194.95, but there is no shipping on the RA.

Sissy
02-16-2001, 08:35 PM
I just ordered a Roundabout. The best deal I could find was at thebabywarehouse.com. It was $189 with free shipping and, of course, no tax. I just missed the sale they had at rightstart.com for $180. I searched all over the place. I think I've been on every baby web site that exists hoping to find a steal. I ordered the car seat this morning (2/16) and just received an e-mail that it has been sent out and will arrive on 2/20. I wasn't expecting it to come that soon considering the shipping was free.

joodyjr
02-17-2001, 10:01 AM
I bought my Roundabout from babycatalog.com for 194.95 no shipping because I received a 20% of purchase credit towards future purchase.
I just checked and babiesrus.com has them for $199 but they are also offering 15%off (dealofday.com, select BABY from column on the right side)and shipping is only $5. Now I know other websites don't usually allow coupons on Britax, but I didn't see anything that said that in the description, so maybe you can get it for $30 off!!

Also call around to local stores, (the Britax website lists retailers by state) and see if any are offering discounts, I found a store here in Maryland that was offering a particular color for $20 less just because they had too many. Another store was about to have a %10 off sale on all Roundabouts.

aksealy
02-18-2001, 04:52 PM
I was just on Baby Catalog of America and they are selling the Britax for $175, free shipping until tomorrow. There would be no sales tax unless you live in Connecticut. This is one of the best prices I've ever seen - I got mine at the Right Start sale and thought I was getting a good deal, but I paid $180 plus CA sales tax.

auntkath
02-22-2001, 08:01 PM
Hi,

I just purchased a Britax Freeway for my Grandchild. While shopping I found a great price at The Baby Warehouse.

They have the Britax Roundabout for $189.95 - Free Shipping and no tax in 48 states. Baby Net has the Roundabout for $199.95 - free shipping and no tax.

I copied their URL for you:

http://www.thebabywarehouse.com/

They have several patterns to choose from. Also, if you will check out the Britax website, you will find they are having a sale on replacement covers for the Roundabout. I don't have time right now to check for you, but I believe the replacement was under $25.00. Not a bad price...especially if you are like me and get tired of things easily. You could get a different pattern.

I have not received my Britax Freeway as of this date, but I checked the tracking and it should be delivered by the begining of next week.

I will be putting it in a 1999 Honda Accord EX with leather seats. If you would like to check the message I put on this board, I will be updating to let people know how it fit in my car.

I tried very hard to find someone who had my make and model to be sure this car seat would fit properly...but, to no avail; so I will be the Honda test pilot and let everyone know how I do. I will then have it checked by the Pennsylvania State Police, who have recently enacted a program of regular checks in my area.

Another note: When I was shopping for the "perfect car seat"; I read a notice from a woman who had a Britax Roundabout that claimed the fabric bled onto her leather seats. It probably would be a good idea to wash it prior to use. Also, I read that the cover should be air dryed, and not put in a clothes dryer.

Hope this helps you and that you always keep your baby safe,

Kathy