PDA

View Full Version : Britax Freeway Carseat/1999 Honda Accord EX/leather seats

auntkath
02-21-2001, 05:59 AM
I have just ordered the Britax Freeway for my 18 month old grandaughter. I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX with leather seats. Does anyone have this carseat installed in an accord with leather seats?

Can you offer any installation advice?

I will be taking it to a car seat safety check before I ever put my grandaughter in the seat.

Thank you very much

joodyjr
02-21-2001, 07:33 PM
I don't know about your question I just wanted to applaud you for wanting safe travel for your grandaughter!! My in-laws wanted to go to Ames and get the cheapest seat they could find. My heart is now beating again since I went and bought a suitable seat for them!

auntkath
02-22-2001, 05:09 AM
I am very happy your heart is still beating! Thanks very much for your reply...and for your love and caring for your child.

Shame on your in-laws!!!

Warmest Regards,

Kathy

auntkath
03-12-2001, 10:46 PM
Hi,
I just wanted to thank you for answering my message.

I had my Britax Freeway Plus installed today by a member of the Pennsylvania State Police that has been instructed in the proper installation of children's car safety seats.

Pennsylvania has instituted a program and is conducting training sessions in my area.

The car seat went in beautifully! Like it was made for my car. It is rock solid! If you try to move it, the car moves.

I mistakenly thought my automobile had a tether anchor...it does not. I have telephoned the Honda dealership and they will order and install it for me. The trooper said that it would make a difference if we were involved in a frontal crash. He will inspect my seat after the installation of this anchor.

Isn't it great that we live in a time where people really care about keeping children safe? Thanks again for your message. Kathy

joodyjr
03-21-2001, 10:59 PM
I'm very glad to hear you had such good luck! I was fortunate to get a solid installation on my own, (Nissan has tether anchor) with a little work! I like the way the whole car moves when you shake the seat, Roundabout, that is.

I wish you well!