PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Britax Roundabout

Scottnos
02-24-2001, 05:38 PM
Has anybody else experienced a problem with the Britax Roundabout moving from a reclined to upright position when some pressure is put on the front of the seat? I experienced this when installing the seat, and was alarmed at how easily this happens. I went back to the dealer, and tried all the other RA's on display. ALL three seats exhibited the same behavior. The dealer contacted Britax on my behalf, and was told that this is normal - and that we were putting too much pressure on the seat when installing. I disagreee. Professionals at car seat clinics put a LOT of pressure on seats during installation. I actually watched one lady stand in the car seat while her partner tightened the seat belt. Considering that the seat will move from recline to upright with pressure applied by one hand, I am not confident that this would be safe in an accident. At this point, I am not sure if I am keeping the seat or not. More research is necessary. With all the positive talk about this seat, I am very surprised nobody else has noticed this.

~JJ~
03-03-2001, 12:48 PM
Please see my post under Britax Carseats ( above this posts )
~JJ~