PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on specific covers for Britax Roundabout?

trhawk
03-06-2001, 12:53 PM
I really like the Marina, but wonder if a plush will show wear sooner and be tougher to keep clean (juice spills, etc.). The other one I'm considering is the burgundy check. Anyone have experience with the plush fabrics?

shandrin
03-08-2001, 11:16 AM
i have the safari print, oh it's sooo soft! i cannot see any more of a problem with this type of cover than any other, actually i find it thicker than the others{except denim, i'd say it's about the same} and i have several covers, flower power, cool blues and now the safari. To me it feels like it would be more durable than my cool blues, flower power because of this thickness.

sarsah
03-09-2001, 11:53 PM
Burgandy Check has been discontinued, but you can still find it at some stores (mostly on-line). Also, Britax was selling replacement covers in Burgandy Check for, I think $20, at their web site.

I don't have any information on the plush covers. Our Roundabout is the 'cool blues' pattern and it has washed well. I just purchased a Freeway with the burgandy check pattern, but haven't washed it yet, so I can't give you any feedback.

Sarah....

mikeginal
03-13-2001, 11:14 PM
I don't have any experience with the plush covers. I would be interested in seeing how they hold up. I specifically bought the Roundabout with the denim cover with durability in mind over two years ago. I am so glad I did. The denim has worn like iron, and has improved with washings just like a pair of jeans.

I purchased a burgundy check replacement cover from Britax, recently. (It was on clearance for $20.) I use it while the denim one is in the wash. It is so nice to be able to yank off a wet cover and replace it immediately with a fresh one. The fabric washes well, but I somehow doubt it will look half as good after two years wear as the denim one does.

~JJ~
03-15-2001, 11:08 AM
>I bought th animal print. I don't think it will hold up as well as the denim. Denim is probably best for durability. I am sure I will buy a denim cover in the future. For now, I have two little leopards riding in my car. :)

~JJ~