PDA

View Full Version : kolcraft.com, ebay & Evenflo on my way travel system

aunt83me02
03-16-2001, 01:23 AM
Does anyone know when kolcraft.com will be up and running? They've had the same page saying that they are under construction for over a year now!
Also, buyer beware on ebay. I have found MANY recalled items on there. Someone put a posting about different sites to check and see if items are recalled, it is much needed but I'm not sure how many people will take the time to check it out. The Evenflo on my way travel system, don't buy it! I don't think they make it anymore, it was the one before the Trendsetter 1-handed steering stroller. My sister bought it in October of 1998, the stroller is a nightmare. It rides nicely but the front bar to hook the carseat onto does not come off or pivot out of the way. Her son was a preemie and didn't end up getting out of the hospital until he was 4 months old so she never really used it as a travel system so I can't comment on that. He is a few pounds under the weight limit and is very tall, although, not too tall according to the guide. It is nearly impossible to get him in and out and his feet hang below the footrest!
She's trying to figure out what to do. He weights 38 pounds is 36" tall but is only two and a half. She doesn't want to spend over $100 on a stroller that will only last her 7 more pounds. I emailed all the manufacturers that I could think of, J Mason, Peg Perego, Combi, Aprica, Maclaren, etc. The highest weight limit is 45lbs for the entire industry. He has a genetic problem which has caused him to have hyper-insulin-anemia and he gains weight rather quickly. If anyone has any ideas, please tell me. We've thought about a jogging stroller but they're too bulky for trips to the mall and hospital.
Sorry this is so long, I always have a lot of stuff to get off my chest!

angusmom
03-16-2001, 07:19 PM
Did you look into Baby Jogger's Special Needs strollers? Yes, they would be "jogger-ish" but they are very high quality and I think (not sure) they can collapse and fold to be carried around.

Their site is at:
http://www.babyjogger.com/p6.asp
or
http://www.babyjogger.com/
(then click on products and Special Needs)

aunt83me02
03-16-2001, 10:38 PM
I just got on the Baby jogger website, I'm going to recommend the 'zipper' to my sister. It's not a special needs jogger but the weight limit is 50lbs and it's more compact. It's made for quick trips to the mall, etc. Thanks for the info.