PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bjorn varieties

cabote
03-16-2001, 11:31 AM
Please help! I have been looking everywhere on the net for
the best price on one of these carriers. Mysimon.com has been
a big help. But... the prices can range drastically and I can't tell what is different about the product. For example mysimon.com indicated that Baby Catalogue of America has this product in price ranges from $59-$79 and some higher. When I click on the different carriers-there appears to be no difference in design. I don't think that the $59 dollar model is older. It is listed as Baby Bjorn 2000. Ugh! Please give me advice on which one to get! I am willing to spend more if the product is better/updated.

alandenisefields
03-16-2001, 03:25 PM
To our knowledge, there is no difference between the 1999 and the 2000 verisons, except for colors!

As for the best deal, try to use a coupon from a site like eDealFinder.com!

Best wishes,
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

alexsharp
03-16-2001, 03:45 PM
I believe that Babies R Us has a 15% off store coupon on any carriers over $25. Also - try emailing baby catalog.com and ask them if their $59 bjorn is Y2k. They should have an idea of what version they are selling.

sschweikle
03-19-2001, 11:52 AM
There is a difference with the 2000 and 2001 varieties. The 2000 models have snap closures that open to lay the front flap down, the 2001 models have easier to use plastic pressure close tabs instead. It's hard to explain the new closures, but they seem more secure and smooth than the older snap version. That's the price difference of $59-$79 at babycatalog.com, the most expensive price you saw is for a leather version which is about $175. As far as I know there is no safety difference, just closure style. Hope this info was helpful. Happy shopping.

Geebee
03-23-2001, 10:27 PM
Another price difference may be the version with regular length straps vs the version with larger straps. Baby Bjorn states that if you wear an extra large t-shirt size, you will need the large straps, which I think that you can also purchase separately. If I remember correctly, the only person that the large straps won't accommodate is a person that wears a small t-shirt size. I've seen the carrier with the larger straps $10 or $15 more than the carrier with the regular straps.

jaliwash
09-07-2001, 08:34 PM
These are often available on ebay for great prices...sometimes even new! I would check there first!

relowe99
09-23-2001, 10:55 PM
I did quite a bit of research on the Baby Bjorn carriers.

The latest model has clips instead of snaps to fasten the carrier. Much better and the same retail price of the older models that have not been reduced. Expect to pay between $70-$80 for the standard size and about $5-$10 more for the extra large size.

We got the standard size and my Husband fits it quite nicely. He is 6'2" and weighs about 180lbs. If yours weighs more or is taller, you will need the extra large as mine is maxing it out.

The best price seems to be Babies r us with the discount coupons they send monthly. If you do not get the coupons, register with them to get on the mailing list.

You can also go online and find a store that offers free shipping and no tax.

Hope this helps!

mb
09-25-2001, 04:37 PM
Check out www.kidalog.ca - it is a Canadian site and the new model baby bjorn costs CAD89!!!! They donot mention the extra long straps on the website but you can call them and they will add it to your order. My husband couldn't do without them and they hang down smoothly so as not to bother me - well worth getting extra long.