PDA

View Full Version : Cosco Designer 35 infant seats

aunt83me02
03-16-2001, 03:47 PM
Has anyone seen these? They look neat. They go up to 35lbs and have the two piece harness tie. I also like the redesign. Does anyone know about their safety record?

laclark
03-17-2001, 12:17 PM
They have only been sold for a few months now so I don't think they really have a safety record yet. Since they go up to 35lbs they are nice because then hopefully more people will keep their infants rear facing until they are at least one year and 20lbs. I think because so many infants outgrow the regular infant seats before one year people think that they are supposed to buy a convertible seat and put it forward facing before baby is old enough to safely do so.

However they can't be used as a carrier until 35lbs, just a car seat. I'm not sure what the weight limit on the carrier portion is, probably 25 or 30lbs.

Laurie

laclark
03-17-2001, 12:17 PM
They have only been sold for a few months now so I don't think they really have a safety record yet. Since they go up to 35lbs they are nice because then hopefully more people will keep their infants rear facing until they are at least one year and 20lbs. I think because so many infants outgrow the regular infant seats before one year people think that they are supposed to buy a convertible seat and put it forward facing before baby is old enough to safely do so.

However they can't be used as a carrier until 35lbs, just a car seat. I'm not sure what the weight limit on the carrier portion is, probably 25 or 30lbs.

Laurie