PDA

View Full Version : I have a brand-new Alpha Omega--- Worried about recalls- would you return???(m)

Sue+2
04-09-2001, 12:15 AM
I recieved two Cosco Alpha Omegas as gifts for our twins. We are still using the infant carriers, and the AO's still have their tags on.... With the new past recalls I am worried that these carseats might be affected by a future recall. Do you think I should exchange them??? If so, with what carseat...Britax are not within our budget, so please don't suggest those....Thanks for your time and suggestions!!

Sue+2

, so I don't think exchanging would be a problem

tobymc
04-12-2001, 10:37 AM
Before you take the tags off, make sure your AOs fit tightly in your car, both rear facing and forward facing. You should not be able to move the seats side to side more than an inch either rear facing or forward facing.

Also make sure you've got the 5 point versions of the seat. You should be able to switch them fairly easily if you were given the overhead bar model.

You might want to take your twins in their carriers, and the new seat in the back of the car, to a carseat clinic or technician, and get help installing them. Then you'll know for sure if the new seats fit while they are still returnable.

These seats are kind of tall, and do have the twisty straps that most seats have, but many folks are very happy with them.

The Fisher Price Safe Embrace convertibles are another nice choice if you want more features but can't swing the Roundabouts. The FPSE has the no-twist straps, the EPS foam, and built in locking clips. But your twins will need booster seats after they outgrow a convertible like this.

Toby, CPS tech in Minneapolis

Sue+2
04-12-2001, 11:23 PM
Thanks, Toby!! I aprreciate your comments!!

KYLE'S MOM
04-13-2001, 01:12 PM
Are you talking about a recall of the Alpha Omega or just a recall re; Cosco products in general? I also have the Alpha Omega. I received it as a baby shower gift and was just getting ready to take it out of the box and start using it with my son. If there is a known problem with this car seat, please give me more info.

Thanks.

Sue+2
04-13-2001, 03:52 PM
Kylie---

No I was talking about the Cosco recall in general... I have not heard anything that the AO is recalled....

Sue+2