PDA

View Full Version : carseat rec for honda accord wagon

stella
04-18-2001, 10:03 AM
I have a 1995 Honda Accord station wagon and my husband has a 1998 Toyota 4Runner. I am looking for info on infant seats that fit well in either of these cars. Does anyone have any such experience? Thanks.

tobymc
04-20-2001, 10:05 AM
I've compilied information from many parents about what fits and doesn't in different cars. You might want to check it out. It is at www.carseatdata.org.

I looked, and it appeared that many of the seats fit well in the Honda. Only a few had been tried in the 4Runner, but they fit OK too. Of course, you'll have to try the seat you want in your own cars, but it is nice to have some idea of potential pitfalls before you go shopping.

Some good features in an infant seat are a 5 point harness and a front adjuster. The Graco SnugRide, the Fisher Price Stay In View 5 pt., and the Century Avanta EX all have these. The 5 point keeps your slumpy newborn in position better. The front adjuster helps you keep the harness tight evey day, regardless of the different clothes your child is wearing.

Once you find a seat that appears to fit well in your cars, it is always a great idea to have your seat inspected by a technician a a carseat clinic or permanent fitting station. Then you'll be sure that your new baby is as safe as possible.

I'd also love to add your findings to my list, even more so if you get them inspected!

Happy shopping!

Toby, CPS tech