PDA

View Full Version : about the Century Avanta EX V Infant Car Seat!!!!

Tondi G
04-20-2001, 05:33 PM
In case anyone was interrested... I called Century on a number off their website and the woman I spoke with said that only stores that Pre-Ordered the Avanta EX V are carrying them at this point....they are the testing ground to see how well the seat sells etc... then they will expand into other stores all over. I was really disappointed because I was going to purchase this seat because of the front adjuster straps etc... and the closest store in California to me is 6 hours away in San Jose! She had NO idea how soon they might start carrying them in all stores and that was that...bummer! Good Luck on tracking one down if you want one...but call the customer service number on the website... you never know you could get lucky and they might be carrying them at a store near you! I am tempted to just call that store and order it over the phone if they ship, but I would kind of like to see the item before I commit... anyone even had a look at an Avanta EX V in person yet???

Em
05-08-2001, 12:02 PM
Do you still have that address? www.century.com gives me some other business.

shellifab
05-08-2001, 03:50 PM
I saw the seat this weekend. It is really nice but definitely much heavier than the SE. It has a boot and headrest that come with it in matching fabric which is very nice. The handle is more padded than the SE so it is slightly more comfortable to hold.

I ended up deciding on the SE instead because even that was much heavier than the other seats available. I bought it and when we tried to install it found out it did not fit our car anyway! If you decide to try out the EX I would recommend trying the SE base in your car first before you go through the trouble of getting the EX. Now we are on the prowl for a 5pt harness Smartfit plus 22 which is also impossible to find!

The store I saw it in is in NJ so I don't know how much that will help you from California!

Good luck!

Shelli