PDA

View Full Version : BabyTrend SnapNGo LX & Century car seats vs Fisher Price Stay in View

emily
04-23-2001, 04:38 PM
I ordered the Snap N Go and planned to buy the Century Smart Fit Plus, but "The Right Start" website (selling Baby Trend products) notes that the Snap N Go is, "not recommended for Century car seats." Any idea why? Any real world experience?

And ... can anyone confirm that the Fisher Price Stay in View will work with the Snap N Go?

Thanks!

beppy
04-23-2001, 11:02 PM
Hi Emily,

I have a Century infant car seat and use it with the Snap n Go all the time. I love the Snap n Go!

I thought the whole idea behind the Snap n Go is that it adapts for many car seat brands. If you're not sure, I'd check out one of the bigger stores and just try it out.

Hope this helps - good luck!

rodmar
04-24-2001, 08:34 AM
I also used the Century Smart Fit car seat with the SnapNGo with no problems. The SnapNGo comes with several bars for the different brands of car seats to snap onto, and I think that the one that was pre-installed was the one for the Century.

Good luck!
Marcia

peg
04-24-2001, 04:08 PM
Unless new versions of the SnapNGo for some reason suddenly excluded the Century Smartfit Plus, their site is wrong. I've used my aSmartfit Plus with mt SnapNGo LX happily for two babies!

Soontobemom
06-19-2001, 10:09 AM
I, too, had the same issue recently. I called BabyTrend and they said that the Century car seats made after (I believe) 1999 do not fit the Snap 'N Go. Apparently, Century changed the mechanism that attached the infant seat to the Snap N Go so that the seat would better fit on grocery shopping carts. With the help of salespeople, we tried the two together in the store and they did not fit together well.

I decided to buy the Kolcraft Universal Stroller (very similar to Snap 'N Go at same price) which works with new Century car seats. I haven't used it yet but it worked in the store.

All in my opinion of course. Hope it helps.

newmom
06-19-2001, 02:20 PM
I recently got the Snap N Go and was told my their Customer Service reps that the latest version of the stroller is not compatible with the latest Century Smart Fit infant carriers that I had planned to purchase. I ended up getting a different carrier and love the using the Snap N Go. The only disappointing thing I have found is that my son grew much faster than I expected in his first three months and is in his car seat for the very last week or so (he will be 26 inches long, the limit for his carrier). I had hoped I would be able to use the Snap N Go through the summer.