PDA

View Full Version : Britax StarRiser Comfy Booster

mom@home
04-27-2001, 02:24 PM
I am looking to buy a booster seat for my 3 1/2 year-old daughter and was wondering if anyone has used the Britax StarRiser Comfy Booster. I have the Roundabout, which I love, but she is about to outgrow it height-wise. Any info anyone has on this booster would be great! Thank you.

tobymc
04-27-2001, 03:02 PM
I bought this seat for my 5 year old, and she loved it. It was much more comfortable than her Century Breverra seat used as a belt positioning booster. She found it comfortable and cushy.

If you have head supports in your car, you might also want to consider the Britax Roadster. It is wider and more padded than the Starriser/comfy. However, the backrest only goes up to 65 pounds, and doesn't get as high as the Starriser. So it depends on what you want.

A nice comparison of the two seats can be found on Monika's picture page: http://pages.ivillage.com/momika/carseatphotos/index.html under Starriser/comfy vs. Roadster.

I always suggest that you should let your child help decide also. She has to ride in it, and the cooler she thinks it is the easier it will be for her to tell her friends how cool it is when they say that they don't use baby seats anymore. It is best if you can see both seats in person, but even pictures can help.

Toby, CPS tech and mom to Claire (7 and 65 pounds)

mom@home
04-28-2001, 10:44 AM
Thanks for your response. While I do like the look of the roadster, my daughter is just thirty pounds and I don't think you can use the roadster unless your child is at least 40 pounds. I'm pretty sure we'll go with the Star Riser.