PDA

View Full Version : Carseats

Nooknookmom
05-09-2001, 12:06 AM
Need information on Maxi-cosi priori (forward facing only) and the citi or tico (Infant carseat) Any info appreciated.

tobymc
05-09-2001, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure what information you'd like.

The Maxi Cosi Priori is a very nice forward facing only seat that is distributed in the US by Cosco. It is being discontinued in the US, so if you want one, you should buy it soon. It forward faces for children over a year old, up to 40 pounds. It is a larger seat than most convertibles, so it may well accomodate your child up to a full 40 pounds (most children outgrow convertibles by height first). There is a nice comparison between the Britax Roundabout/Freeway and the MCP at this site: http://www.geocities.com/~plomp/bravsmcp.htm. I think that this is a very nice seat, but it is expensive for the short time it may fit some children. It is perfect in some cases, though. It tends to fit well in US cars.

I thought the Maxi Cosi infant seats were headed for US distribution, but I haven't found a B&M (brick and mortor) vendor who is carrying them, and I haven't heard that the online vendors are carrying them either. I don't think either comes with a base, and the vendors I talked to wanted to only carry infant seats with bases.

If you are not in the US, the seats are a little different than the US varieties (MCP may not come with a tether, for instance) but may be more available. Just don't use a non-US seat if you are a USer.

Is this what you were looking for?

Toby, CPS tech and creator of the CarSeat Compatibility Database (www.carseatdata.org).