PDA

View Full Version : Roundabout vs. Roundabout Advantage

pfjkiely
05-27-2001, 10:24 PM
Hi...My wife and I were all set to purchase the Roundabout as was recommended as "Best" in version 3 and version 4 of the book. However, we are now trying to decide if we should go with the Roundabout Advantage and not the Roundabout. Can anyone give us any insight?

Thanks,
Paul, Felicia, and Jack

tobymc
05-29-2001, 12:52 PM
The big difference between the RA and the RA Advantage is that the Advantage has a knob to adjust the shoulder harness to exactly the right height. No more re-threading (I think), and no more using a slot that is too high or low for your child.

Is it worth the extra money? You'll have to decide that. The folks who have tried this feature really like it. However, the regular RA version works well too. All the slots on the RA are already reinforced, so you can use whichever fits your child best, but there are only three slots for the entire 3-4 years that you child will probably fit the RA. So having the harness at exactly the right height may be a touch safer, and will definitely be easier to use.

I hope this helps.

Toby, CPS tech

alandenisefields
05-29-2001, 02:27 PM
I would agree with that---thanks for that good summary Toby. Bottom line: either model would be fine.

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

pfjkiely
05-29-2001, 09:24 PM
Thanks Toby....

That's the info we were looking for. We will probably go with the RA Advantage as it seems to be a slightly better fit as Baby grows.

Thanks again,
Paul and Felicia