PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Pliko and Car Seat Adapter

lwong
05-27-2001, 11:51 PM
This board (and of course the Baby Bargains book!) have been a great help in our quest for baby stuff. Here's a summary of our stroller/car seat experience that I thought might be helpful to others:

Babies R Us is the only store we found that carried the Peg Perego Pliko Trek stroller and the car seats we were interested in (Fisher-Price Stay-in-View, Century Avanta SE V, and Graco SnugRide DX5). We wanted to try the various car seats in our car and in the stroller to see how they fit. Unfortunately, Babies R Us didn't carry the Pliko Car Seat Adapter. We bought that from Right Start and went on our way to Babies R Us.

The Century Avanta SE V appears to have been designed to work with the Pliko stroller with the Car Seat Adapter. The Century easily and securely snaps onto the Pliko without any hassle. Unfortunately, the Century was the heaviest and had the biggest base taking up the most space in the car (thus squeezing our poor daughter seated next to the baby seat). Also, we couldn't get the Century to fit securely in our '98 Toyota Camry which greatly concerned my wife. But, the Century easily and securely snapped into the Babies R Us shopping carts.

The Graco SnugRide DX5 easily dropped onto the Pliko Car Seat Adapter. But, because the Car Seat Adapter has a bulge in the center where it's flexible, the Graco would not securely lock onto it. Its base was somewhat similar to the Century so we didn't feel that it would be secure in our Camry. The Graco was very wobbly in the Babies R Us shopping carts.

The Fisher-Price SIV with its cloth carry handle was definitely the lightest and most comfortable car seat to carry. And its L-shaped base made it tightly secure in our Camry. Unfortunately, the Fisher-Price was the most difficult of the three car seats to fit onto the Pliko. We had to bend the Car Seat Adapter at its center joint to get the SIV to lock onto it. (Obviously, the Combi Convenience strollers with their inflexible attachment bars won't accomodate the Fisher-Price SIV at all.) But, we figured the car seats primary role was to be secure in the car so, despite its ill-fit with the Pliko, we decided to buy the Fisher-Price SIV.

larpci
05-28-2001, 10:09 PM
Thanks,
We just bought a Pliko and were thinking about an Avanta!
We liked the larger weight limit on the Avanta.

soontobee
06-21-2001, 09:14 PM
Hello,

I was just wondering, but when you use the Pliko with the car seat adapter bar, do you also use the included strap to strap down the car seat to the stroller? Or does the car seat latch on securely enough to the attachment bar so that no strap is needed?

Thanks for the help...

lwong
06-21-2001, 09:30 PM
The Fisher-Price Stay-In-View does not snap down easily onto the Pliko Car Seat Adapter so we've given up on snapping it down and just use the strap to hold it in place. The result is not as elegant but is secure so we're happy with it.

cillakat
06-29-2001, 10:22 AM
This is my fave infant carseat because of the ease of installation - as you discovered;) Fits so well in every car I've ever installed it in. I'm devastated that FP is getting out of the carseat biz.

About using the seat in the stroller. I use mine without the adapter bar. I simply place the carseat in the stroller seat with the back of the stroller seat reclined just enough to give a snug fit. And I mean a *snug* fit. If a parent were to have a concern about the fit, they could also simply buy a navy bungee and hook it from one side of the stroller to the other, accross the belt path of the stroller.

Also...just as an unrelated sidenote. the britax Roundabout also fits on the pliko:) both Front facing (sitting upright and outward) and rearfacing...in the seat -facing the parent, very reclined for sleeping...and this is with a 2 yo in it;)

Katherine in atl
[email protected]

cillakat
06-29-2001, 10:22 AM
This is my fave infant carseat because of the ease of installation - as you discovered;) Fits so well in every car I've ever installed it in. I'm devastated that FP is getting out of the carseat biz.

About using the seat in the stroller. I use mine without the adapter bar. I simply place the carseat in the stroller seat with the back of the stroller seat reclined just enough to give a snug fit. And I mean a *snug* fit. If a parent were to have a concern about the fit, they could also simply buy a navy bungee and hook it from one side of the stroller to the other, accross the belt path of the stroller.

Also...just as an unrelated sidenote. the britax Roundabout also fits on the pliko:) both Front facing (sitting upright and outward) and rearfacing...in the seat -facing the parent, very reclined for sleeping...and this is with a 2 yo in it;)

Katherine in atl
[email protected]