PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Stay-in-View Car Seat

Susibelle
06-03-2001, 11:12 AM
My husband and I recently purchased the Fisher Price Stay-in-View Car Seat. Is there any way to buy an extra base for this car seat? It wasn't available at the store where we purchased it and I couldn't find anything on the Internet, either.

In addition, do you know if this car seat carrier will attach to the new Peg Perego Milano XL stroller for use as a travel system?

Any news would be great. THANKS!

TLC1994
06-06-2001, 10:55 AM
Hi - I posted the same message a few weeks ago re:the extra base. Here's is what another member told me:

"On the 5th of May I e-mailed FP about getting another base also. They e-mailed back that I can get another base for 12.98 plus 3.97 shipping. The number they gave me to call was 800-432-5437. I haven't actually ordered it yet, but I hope this helps."

I also have not called to order it yet, but plan to in the very near future.

Susibelle
06-06-2001, 03:27 PM
I called Fisher-Price on Monday, June 4th and they do not sell extra bases for the Stay-in-View car seat. In addition, it is not adaptable with the Peg Perego Milano XL stroller. Needless to say, I am taking it back!

Thanks for your reply.

deanandlesli
06-06-2001, 09:10 PM
Fisher Price says that sales have been slower than anticipated for this car seat, so they are not making extra bases like they had planned to do intially. We bought this car seat and also have a Venezia stroller. The Venezia is so roomy that the car seat fits all the way down inside the stroller when the back is reclined, so there is no issue of it "adapting." The Milano is even bigger than the Venezia, so I can't imagine it not working. I thought about taking the Stay-In-View back when I found out we couldn't purchase an additional base (FP offered to have UPS pick it up and issue me a refund for the seat), but Fisher Price says the car seat does not need a base to be strapped in correctly and safely. I figure the inconvenience of the few times we would actually be switching cars with the seat during the one year we will use it doesn't warrant giving up the convenience of the wonderful carry-strap and the light weight of the Stay-In-View. We have decided to stick with the SIV and learn how to properly strap it in, should we need to put it in a different car.

app
06-12-2001, 02:44 PM
Yay! Thank you for the information--I had just started searching for information re compatibility between the Stay-in-view seat and Venezia stroller & stumbled across your email! Here in Idaho, I could not find a store that stocks both produtcts to try them out. :) Thanks again!

SSpringer
06-13-2001, 09:18 AM
I just called (June 13th) the toll-free number provided in the message below, and they said they DO NOT have extra bases available. Too bad. This looked like a good choice. We'll be purchasing another brand now.

TLC1994
06-15-2001, 08:31 AM
Maybe this is a crazy question, but I know that you should NEVER buy a used car seat, just in case it's been in an accident. But...what about a used car seat base? Does that get damaged too? I don't mean to sound ignorant, but I just don't know about these things!

The reason I ask is this...a children's resale shop in my area has a FP Stay-in-View Car Seat and I thought I could purchase it just for the base.

Good idea or not?

jfeiger
06-20-2001, 01:13 PM
How do people feel about buying a car seat that has been discontinued? I just called (June 20) and found that they have discontinued their entire line of car seats. They advised to buy the seat now (baby is due in Oct) if we really want it, and it will still be covered under warranty. thoughts?