PDA

View Full Version : Replace carseat after an accident?

rosebud142
06-05-2001, 01:42 AM
Hello,

My friend recently had a car accident with the baby in the car. They are fine and there is no visible damage to the baby's carseat but I vaguely remember someone telling me that it is best to replace the carseat anytime you are involved in an accident. Is this true and has anyone had any experience with this?

Thank you.

alandenisefields
06-05-2001, 09:28 AM
Yes, it is always the safest course to replace a seat after an accident, even if there is no visible damage. There could be hidden damage to the seat.

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

allele
06-10-2001, 10:41 AM
Your friend should be able to get money for a new seat through their car insurance company. It is very, very important that they get a new seat. In fact, 9 times out of 10, the manufacturer wants to have the seat back and will pay for shipping so they can test the seat to see how it held up in a crash.

grizelda
06-27-2001, 10:47 PM
My daughter had an accident. Her Britax RoundAbout was not damaged, but she thought it important to replace it anyway. She called Britax and they sent another seat, FREE OF CHARGE, which arrived within 3 days. She then returned the other seat to them. I believe they sent a courier to pick it up. Terrific service, I think.