PDA

View Full Version : FP Safe Embrace vs. Britax RA

jilldave
06-06-2001, 06:36 PM
Still debating these two car seats. I saw on another message board a couple of comments regarding tall toddlers outgrowing the Safe Embrace vs the RA. Has anyone else had this problem?

kmccabe
06-07-2001, 12:34 AM
My daughter outgrew her FP Safe Embrace just before she turned 2.
She was 35" tall but had really short legs and a long torso. She outgrew the harness on the Safe Embrace.
She is now in a Britax Roundabout..and should be in that seat for a long time now that its just her legs that are growing. :) She still has a bit of room to grow in the Roundabout. (shes 2.5 now)

The top slots on the Roundabout go up an inch more or so than the Safe Embrace I think.

Both are great seats! We kept the FP Safe Embrace and will use it for the next baby we have.

Having used both seats, I prefer the Roundabout..but highly recommend the Safe Embrace as a cheaper alternative. (only some kids outgrow it before they're supposed to *g*)

Hope that helps!

jilldave
06-08-2001, 08:48 AM
Thank you so much for you input! You confirmed my concerns with the Safe Embrace. It would have been nice to save some money, but tall runs in the family and our 7 month old grew 2" last month. We are off to buy our Roundabout today.