PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Evenflo customer service

bjessen
06-10-2001, 12:46 AM
Just wanted to share the wonderful experience I had with Evenflo recently. I purchased an Evenflo On My Way Position Right V with the Osh Kosh B'Gosh design back in March for my daughter. Mainly because it fit in our minivan and it matched our Peg Perego Venzia denim plaid stroller.

It has been an okay car seat with the exception that we didn't realize the harness does not have mulitple adjustments. But what has really sold me on Evenflo as a company recently is their customer service.

Recently I had my 3 month old daughter in the seat and was walking across a parking lot when I slipped. To my horror the seat went flying out of my hand and dropped from waist level to the aspalt below and skidded several feet. Thank the Lord it dropped right side up and she was strapped in. She woke up from her nap, understandably wailed, but was all right.

My sister suggested I call Evenflo to see if I should replace it since it is kinda the same jolt as if it were in an accident. I called and they transferred me to their quality assurance department who told me that, yes, I should replace it in case there were any cracks that I might not see, but could be harmful in an auto accident. I fully expected to shell out another $99 due to my own clusmsiness, but they then proceeded to tell me they would ship a replacement seat to me free of charge the very next day! Then the woman suggested that when I receive it I keep the old padding in case the baby spits up or messes on the new one, I'd have a back up. All they asked is I send back the harness from the damaged seat in a prepaid envelope so they knew it was disabled and then discard the rest of the seat in a garbage bag (and right Do Not Use). I mentioned I didn't need another base, but when it arrived several days later, it came with a base as well. So, I now have a spare base for my husband's vehicle.

I realized later they might have been extra careful because of the recall on another one of their seats. But still, all-in-all I am very impressed with Evenflo and will definately lean toward their products in the future.

basketnut
07-26-2001, 10:42 PM
Well, this makes me feel better! We are getting this travel system and I was concerned b/c it seems like a lot of people don't much care for Evenflo, bug I feel better after reading this post! Thank you for sharing :-) ~Terri