PDA

View Full Version : Century vs. Graco vs. Evenflo

jacquirapp
06-11-2001, 12:27 PM
We have decided on a Combi stroller, the 6610 Model...

So, now we have to decide between a Century, Graco and Evenflo carrier seat.

Does anyone have any preferences? What models of each of these do you have and like if you have one?

thanks for your input

acadiaphile
06-11-2001, 12:36 PM
I can't speak from experience (yet) but the Graco SnugRide DX5 was top rated by Consumer Reports in their July 2001 issue.

pearsoka
06-18-2001, 10:06 PM
My Century Smart fit works nicely.

ACinnamonGirl
06-18-2001, 11:25 PM
Here's my 2 cents:
I bought the Century Smart Fit Plus car seat/infant carrier that I use with the Combi 6600 stroller. I don't have any complaints about either item - they are definitely a less bulky alternative to the "travel systems" that you can buy. I think I paid $50 for the SF+ at BRUs. I didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on an infant car seat, because most babies outgrow them before 1 year. My 3.5 month old daughter Jacqueline will soon outgrow the car seat function (she is 25.5" and the height limit is 27"); the infant carrier has been a lifesaver! The bottom of the carrier is curved, so you can use it on the floor like a rocker to soothe your baby. It is easy to carry Jacqueline anywhere. She enjoys sitting upright & playing in her own little personal space. Love the Combi stroller, too. It is lightweight, but sturdy - attaching the SF+ infant carrier is a breeze.
Hope this helps,
Jules

rainanoelle
07-05-2001, 11:40 PM
We decided to go with the Graco SnugRide DX5. I went to BRU and "tested" the Century StayFit and the Graco on the Combi 6610, and I liked the Graco better. It felt better made and more solid to me, and has an actual latch for clamping on to the perfect fit bar. The Century had a piece of plastic you bend to unclamp it, and the one in the store showed signs of wear and weakening due to people using it. The one positive thing about the Century was that it fits much more snugly on the perfect fit bar, but if you use the Combi's strap over the seat as well as clamping it on the bar it seems quite safe to me.

I'd recommend trying them out at BRU or someplace if you can. That way you know which features/problems matter most to you! =)

Good luck!
Raina

rainanoelle
07-05-2001, 11:42 PM
Oops..that was the Century SmartFit I meant that I tested (not "StayFit"). Can you tell it's almost 1:00 am here??

<waddles off to bed>
Raina