PDA

View Full Version : Baby Trend Snap n go or Kolcraft Universal ??

nywifey
06-21-2001, 02:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-01 AT 01:16PM (Mountain)[p]Which one is better? Baby Trend Snap N Go is the most popular model of the two. I just discovered the Kolcraft Universal Car Seat Stroller on babystyle.com and like that the basket is extra large and it offers a parent cup holder tray. You know it's funny because I saw someone yesterday walking down the street with what I thought was a snap n go and said to myself how'd they find it with a parent tray?? Now I realize it was the Kolcraft model. It was actually pretty nice looking in person, from what I remember. I'm just curious why it's not a popular competitor? Any thoughts??

rebwal
06-22-2001, 09:11 AM
I have the Kolcraft version of this stroller and absolutely love it! I found it at Baby Depot and liked the fact that it had the extra large storage basket and parent tray. To top it off, it was $20 cheaper than the Baby Trend model with the basket (and that model doesn't have a parent tray). It is lightweight, easy to fold and is so compact, I leave it in my car trunk and have plenty of room for other things. I only regret not purchasing this product earlier. If I had it to do again, I would have purchased this and a separate car seat instead of the bulky 4-in-1 stroller. My only problem now, is my 5 month old is quickly growing out of her infant seat, so I won't be able to use it anymore. I would highly recommend this stroller, and if you have a Baby Depot (Burlington Coat Factory) in your area, purchase it there, it only cost me $38. Good luck with your decision.

nywifey
06-22-2001, 09:16 AM
Thank you so much for your reply. I do have a Burlington Coat Factory nearby. I agree, that for the price it seems like a good buy. I just have one question for you: Do you need the base of the car seat in order to attach it to this stroller frame or you just drop the car seat carrier into alone.

Thanks again!

cillakat
06-29-2001, 10:16 AM
What stroller were you planning on purchasing for 'later' - for instance, after your baby grows out of his/her infant seat and isn't in the carrier anymore?

Why not just go ahead and purchase *that* stroller and use the carseat in it. It's amazing, but most carseats (infant carrier type) will fit right in most strollers (as long as they have the front safety bar)...they fit so snuggly in there, that you'd never know they weren't made to do that from the start..

It would save you the extra purchase, and you'd have the stroller that you *loved* from the start.

;)
katherine in atl
[email protected]

nywifey
06-29-2001, 10:32 AM
I don't see the need to lug around a 20lb stroller if I'm not utlizing the *stroller*. For $39 the Kolcraft solves my problem. I just need a lightweight frame to put the carseat in for a quick stops in and out of the car. I plan on using my Venezia for walking, mail crawling and all day trips. And the Pliko for *later on*.

rebwal
07-02-2001, 03:31 PM
Sorry for the late reply. No, you do not need the car seat base. Just pop the seat in and you're ready to go. Good luck with it. I'm sure you'll love it!

newbabyk
07-12-2001, 01:20 PM
I purchased the Kolcraft Universal after trying to lug by Peg Perego Milano with the conversion bar to snap on my baby's carseat for 2 months and I gave up. I was going to purchase the Baby Trend Snap n Go when I found the Kolcraft at Bergstrom's Baby Store (in Southern California). I just love the easy, one handed way to fold, the parent tray, and the huge basket (it is huge when you see the unaccessable Milano's). The other big reason why I like the Kolcraft is that the baby's carseat is situated higher off the ground than the Baby Trend. The car seat would snap onto the back of the bar (like if you would put it on a shopping cart), and a adjustable strap would go around the leg area of the carseat snuggly. If I knew about how convenient it would be, I would put off buying my Milano and opted for a lighter stroller (like the Pliko, Venezia, or Aprica). I think the reason why Kolcraft is not as popular is that they are not sold at the BIG BABY STORE (Babies/Toys R Us). They only sell the Baby Trend and parents are only given that choice when they don't shop around and assume that that is their only choice. So, if you can, purchase the Kolcraft and you will not be dissapointed.